Last Updated on December 29, 2022 by Kimberlee Johnson
So, you’ve finally received your friend’s wedding invitation in the mail.
It’s time to scout for the perfect wedding gift for your best friend!
It’s a common practice to insert the WEDDING REGISTRY card in the wedding invitations, so PRO TIP:
Better check the couple’s preference first before making any purchase.
If there is none, then READ ON because we have curated this special list to guide you in search of the BEST wedding gifts for friends!
Top 15 Gifts For Your Friends’ Wedding Celebration
Traditional Gifts: Dinnerware, Flatware, Cookware
A good way to start is to find practical gifts your best friend can use when furnishing their starter home.
You can never go wrong with tried and tested gifts that are a staple in most wedding registries. We also added some “nice to haves” in our gift ideas to further delight the newlyweds.
First things first, let’s talk about Dinnerware.
Dinnerware will always be one of the best wedding gifts because of its functionality.
Our list includes a set for everyday dishes as well as for formal and all-occasion use. The choice of dinnerware depends on the material, so be sure to match it with their lifestyle.
1. IKEA Dinnerware
This 18-piece set is a great gift because of its simplicity and affordable price.
The CLASSIC WHITE design is so versatile, and it will easily match other dinnerware pieces.
It is made from Feldspar porcelain, so it’s impact-resistant and microwave-safe. No wonder it can be used daily for 365 days and beyond!
2. Lenox Opal Innocence Stripe
If you want to give your friends some simple luxuries to brighten up their wedding gift loot, why not give this fine bone china set with platinum banding?
It’s a 5-piece set consisting of a dinner plate, salad plate, butter plate, saucer, and teacup for 1 person, so be sure to get at least two sets for the married couple.
3. Rosenthal Thomas Loft White Dinnerware Set
This casual yet elegant 16-set dinnerware makes an ideal wedding gift for your friend and her groom, especially if they want an ALL OCCASION SET.
You can never go wrong with this trusted German brand known for their porcelain and ceramic ware. This set includes dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls, and mugs for 4 people.
Before we leave the dinnerware section, there are a few types of dinnerware materials you should know about to help you decide on your gift:
- Bone china is the most expensive type because it is lightweight and durable. Bone ash is added to the porcelain to give it a translucent, milky white, and luminous glaze. This is usually used for formal dinner parties.
- Porcelain dinnerware is heavier and more brittle compared to bone china. It is a top choice because of its non-porous surface, durability, and low maintenance, meaning it is more microwave and dishwasher safe than bone china.
- Laminated glass is the most resistant to breaking, chipping, scratching, and staining. This technology is proprietary to Corelle.
- Melamine is made of plastic; therefore, it is shatterproof. Although melamine is made of food-grade plastic, melamine is not suitable for use in the microwave.
Next up, we have Flatware.
This is another good wedding gift to consider for your best friend. Why? Simply put, because it’s long-lasting.
The two most often asked questions when choosing flatware are:
- Is light better than heavy when it comes to flatware?
- Should my flatware match the dinnerware?
The weight provides you with a substantial feel of the material. It allows balance, and it can reflect the durability and strength of the utensils.
- Stainless steel flatwares are low maintenance and won’t rust
- Silver-plated utensils are hard and durable. Compared to the stainless variation, this type is also more affordable.
Look for flatware that has an 18/10 percentage.
This refers to the composition of chromium to nickel. Chromium is the element that works against rust, while nickel is the element that gives it luster.
To answer the questions above, it’s a matter of personal preference.
- It would be good to try the utensils and see how it feels in your hands.
- Matching the flatware with the dinnerware gives a more formal feel, while a mix and match look comes off as more relaxed.
4. Oneida® 65-Piece Flatware Set
The Oneida brand is a popular wedding gift because of its well-crafted sleek design made of 18/10 stainless steel.
Your best friend will surely appreciate this classic yet modern flatware good for 12 people. As they say, one can never have enough cutlery!
5. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Bellasera Satin 45-Piece Flatware Set
This flatware set for 8 people will surely complement your friends’ dinnerware because of its clean and simple design.
Made of 18/10 stainless steel, this set will definitely last for years. This wedding gift exudes understated elegance at a budget-friendly price.
Finally, let’s get into the Cookware.
Finding the best cookware is like searching for a needle in a haystack with all the available options in the market.
If the newlyweds enjoy spending time together making meals for their date night, then a great gift for them on their big day can be cookware from brands crafted by culinary artisans.
Read: When To Give Your Groomsmen Gifts
6. Le Creuset Sauteuse
Made of enamel cast iron, this versatile cooking pan can be used for simmering, reduction, frying, searing, and braising.
Le Creuset’s design is engineered to evenly distribute heat and lock in moisture when cooking. Truly a gift worthy of being in the best wedding gift category!
There is a lot to be said about choosing the right cookware . Here are some general classifications worth knowing before making a purchase:
- Stainless Steel – known as the kitchen workhorse because it can be used for any cooking style
- Non-stick – this coated type of pan is associated with healthy cooking because it does not require cooking oil (or in some cases, requires very little oil)
- Copper – provides quick and even cooking. It is pricier than other types of cookware because it is made from non-reactive copper.
- Cast iron – it heats slowly and evenly. It is popular because of its durability and can be used directly from the stovetop straight to the dining table.
They say the best wedding gifts are those that have a personal touch to them.
Customized presents show you put careful thought into the gift-giving process.
Tons of gift ideas can be personalized, but here are a few we rounded up for your ease:
7. Bath Towels
Wedding gift ideas would not be complete without a set of monogrammed bath towels.
Fill your gift box with these soft and fluffy towels in various sizes — washcloth, fingertip, hand, and even bath-sized.
Their first initials as newlyweds embroidered on the towels will surely tickle the couple as they begin their new life together.
You May Also Like:
- Wedding Gifts For Son & Daughter In Law
- Retirement Gifts For Women
- Wedding Gifts For Your Sister
- Baptism Gifts For An Adult
8. Monogrammed Champagne Flutes
This set of two engraved champagne flutes will not only be a great wedding gift, but it will be a memorable keepsake too.
Your best friend can use it during a ceremonial toast or on a date night at home. The flutes already come in a leather gift box, so all you need is to do is add a gift card!
9. Personalized Whiskey Decanter Set
A personalized decanter set is a wonderful wedding gift for a friend who likes to spend time at home to unwind and drink whiskey.
This bar essential includes a 750 ml decanter and 4 glasses. However, note that the gift box and whiskey stones are optional and are subject to extra cost.
10. AW Bridal 2pcs Couple’s Terry Cotton Kimono Bathrobe Set
Matching bathrobes just SCREAM happy couple love!
A matching set of terry cloth bathrobes made of 100% cotton is a great gift idea for romantic couples.
Embroidered monograms to choose from include His/Hers, Mr./Mrs., Queen/King and Wifey/Hubby.
Married life will never be the same again with this thoughtful gift!
Read: How Much Should I Spend On A Wedding Present?
11. Love Photo Print
Every loving couple would love to see their romance immortalized in print.
A digital watercolor illustration would be the perfect gift for a couple who already has everything in life.
You can even choose a favorite picture or a remembrance of their first date night, which can be placed either in their home or office desk.
Note that this is only a digital file, so you still have to spend for printing through a different supplier.
Wedding gifts for your friends need not cost you an arm and a leg. There are a lot of unique wedding gift ideas that can make some friends love be felt.
The perfect gift shouldn’t be that hard to find because you know your best friend’s preference the most!
Check out some uncommon goods you may have overlooked:
12. Orrefors Wine Glasses
Wedding gifts for couples who enjoy spending time together and sharing good food and wine should have a trusted wine glass on their bucket list.
This set of elegant wine glasses from Denmark is one of the more popular designs from Orrefors. The carat design on the stem is a modern work of art!
Wine glasses come in different shapes and sizes. Selecting the right one to give as a wedding gift can be daunting with so many types to choose from.
Be sure to research what the happy couple likes to drink during their date nights so you can match the wine glasses with their choice of wine.
13. Sweese Porcelain Serving Platters
To go with our recommended white dinnerware, this minimalist serving platter set is another sure hit.
With this, your best friend won’t need to serve hors d’oeuvres on a dinner plate or cutting board!
This 4 piece platter is made of pro-grade porcelain, making it chip resistant, microwave, and dishwasher safe. The stackable design also makes it easier to store.
Gift Ideas for Those Who Want to Go Big Time
Word of caution, the gift ideas in this section are a bit on the pricier side.
If you want to skip the usual home decor gifts and just GO ALL OUT for your best friend at her wedding, then carry on because we still have two more wedding gift ideas for you.
Should you find the price point of these wedding gifts way over your budget, don’t worry — there is another way!
Try group gifting, a practical approach to pooling funds so you can purchase a more substantial wedding gift!
GROUP GIFTING is commonly done together with other friends and close relatives. It is actually a great idea and is beneficial to both the giver and receiver.
Instead of buying small items like a picture frame or insulated tumbler, you get to pool your resources together to get a bigger and higher-value gift.
With this, feel free to go ahead and scratch any of these two items off the newlyweds’ bucket list!
Also Read: How Much To Spend On A Baby Shower Gift
14. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Vacuum
Every home deserves this lightweight vacuum engineered for deep cleaning while keeping the noise level at a MINIMUM.
With one click, it can easily transform into a handheld vacuum for cleaning dust and even pet hair. It will surely make the day-to-day responsibilities of the newlyweds a breeze!
Dyson has a vacuum for every need. There are models for everyday cleaning and deep cleaning using the powerful suction this brand is known for.
15. Coway Airmega 150 Air Purifier
This compact air purifier, ideal for 214 square feet of space, uses True HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air), which captures 99.97% of particles in the air.
It comes in hot on our wedding gift list because these days, who wouldn’t want to give their best friend protection from airborne contaminants, right?
Choosing the best air purifier to give is an important decision you’ll make in this “finding the best wedding gift” journey.
Air purifiers nowadays do not have the same need and utility as they did a few years ago. Thus, we thought we’d share some quick tips in picking the best air purifier.
- Choose one with a HEPA filter (In case you forgot, HEPA means High-Efficiency Particulate Air).
- Pay attention to the clean air delivery rating or CADR. It is a test done by independent laboratories. The higher the CADR rating is, the more effective the device is at filtering the air!
- Find out how often the air purifier filters need to be replaced, and if there is a place near you that readily supplies these filters.
- Inquire about the number of square feet or the size of the room that the air purifier can clean.
Dyson is also a popular choice because they have several models. Some use Bluetooth technology that links the air purifier to an app, allowing you to control and monitor air quality from anywhere.
But if you ask us, this Coway one can already get the job done at a more affordable price.
Beyond Wedding Gift Ideas: Other Ways to Show Your Support
Not all gifts come in a gift box. All the boxes in the world still can’t match a gift that comes from the heart.
Think about it; your best friend might appreciate your HELP more than a present.
Instead of buying her a gift, you can be a WEDDING PLANNER or at least help in the planning process.
There are a lot of resources to help you if you decide to take this route.
You can find a reputable wedding website as a GUIDE to help plan the wedding and help make the flow of events on the wedding day as seamless as possible.
Asides from the groom, the bride’s best friend is probably next in line to provide emotional support. Tension tends to be high, especially as the wedding date approaches.
As a friend, you should…
- Support the bride’s choices when it comes to her dress, venue, cake, etc. You may have different tastes, but since she is the star of the show, the bride usually gets the last word. Give your honest opinion WHEN ASKED. Otherwise, just be supportive of her choices.
- Be AVAILABLE when needed. Your bestie might need you to step in during fittings, makeup trials, and even food tasting. If you have prior commitments, give her OPTIONS for possible dates so she knows you are making time for her.
If you are chosen to be part of the entourage, such as Bridesmaid or Maid of Honor, then be aware that some duties and responsibilities come with the role. But how much should you spend on bridesmaid gifts?
Read: Is An Engagement Ring A Gift?
What Are Traditional Bridesmaid Duties?
- During the wedding planning stage, bridesmaids help the bride set up dress fittings, wedding rehearsals, and other events related to the big day.
- Provide relevant information about the wedding like the wedding registry, dates of wedding rehearsal/ dinners, and other events.
- Bridesmaids are also in charge of assigning the seats of the wedding guests.
- When applicable, the bridesmaids distribute the giveaways to the guests and wedding sponsors.
What Are Traditional Maid of Honor Duties?
The Maid of Honor does everything the bridesmaids do and more!
- It is usually the task of the Maid of Honor to organize the bridal shower. This pre-wedding party in honor of the bride is normally set up by the Maid of Honor together with the bridesmaids and the rest of the bride’s immediate family, like her mother and sisters.
- The Maid of Honor serves as the liaison between the bride and the bridesmaids. She relays the schedule of events such as rehearsal dinners, dress fittings, makeup schedule, shower, etc., to the bridesmaids to ease the bride’s to-do list.
- On the wedding day itself, the Maid of Honor makes sure that the bride’s needs COME FIRST. This includes assisting the bride if she needs help with her gown when she walks or needs her hair fixed and her makeup retouched.
- Maids of Honor are also in charge of making a speech during the ceremonial toast.
As the Maid of Honor, making sure that the bride is calm, poised, and having the best time of her life should be the priority on your list of responsibilities.
You’ve watched the couple’s love story unfold, so being there for your best friend on her special day can be the best wedding gift you can give her!
Happy Ever After
One thing is certain: A wedding is a fairytale come true for most people.
You can help make it special in your own way by giving the perfect gift or simply being there for your best friend.
We hope we were able to help you in your hunt for the best gift for your best friend’s wedding!
If you found this article helpful, feel free to share it with your other friends. Who knows, maybe they’re in the same boat as you and need gift ideas.
Have any other suggestions or comments for great wedding gift ideas? Do let us know!
- What To Wear To A College Party For Guys: 10 Outfits (2023) - March 24, 2023
- How To Throw A Hotel Party & Not Get Busted: Full Guide - March 24, 2023
- How To Make A Backdrop For A Party: Full Guide (2023 Updated) - March 24, 2023