Last Updated on April 21, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
Valentine’s day is a special day that celebrates love and friendship.
It’s a great time to talk to your preschooler about how they feel about Valentine’s Day, what they would like to do, and what they know about the holiday.
Here are some questions to ask preschoolers about Valentine’s Day to get you started on having a meaningful conversation with your kid.
30 Valentine’s Day Questions For Preschoolers
1. What day of the year is Valentine’s Day?
2. What color is most often associated with Valentine’s Day?
3. What do we give someone we love on Valentine’s Day?
4. What is love?
5. What holiday do we celebrate the day before Valentine’s Day?
6. What type of flower is given as a gift on Valentine’s Day?
7. What holiday do we celebrate the day after Valentine’s Day?
8. What is the most popular shape for Valentine’s Day cards?
9. What type of candy is often given as a gift on Valentine’s Day?
10. What color hearts often represent love on Valentine’s Day?
11. What kind of bird is traditionally associated with Valentine’s Day?
12. What are the different symbols of Valentine’s Day?
13. What do you love most in the world?
14. Who is the most special person in your life?
15. What is your favorite Valentine’s Day treat?
16. What is something special you can do for someone you love?
17. What is the best way to show someone you love them?
18. What is your favorite thing about Valentine’s Day?
19. What do you like to do on Valentine’s Day?
20. What is the most important thing about Valentine’s Day?
21. What is the most romantic thing you can do on Valentine’s Day?
22. What is the best gift you can give someone on Valentine’s Day?
23. What is the best way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day?
24. What does your valentine mean to you?
25. What are your favorite Valentine’s Day activities?
26. How do you express your love for someone?
27. What is the most fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
28. What do you think of when you think of Valentine’s Day?
29. What is one of your favorite Valentine’s Day stories?
30. What is the most special gift you have ever received?
How To Tell Preschoolers About Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is an exciting holiday for preschoolers  and can be used to help teach them about kindness, friendship, and giving.
To help explain this to preschoolers, introduce them to Valentine’s Day.
Explain that it’s a special day when people show love and appreciation for their family, friends, and themselves.
“Teaching is not about answering questions but about raising questions – opening doors for them in places that they could not imagine.”– Mirza Yawar Baig, Author
You can show them examples of cards, candy, and other items often exchanged daily.
Reading books about Valentine’s Day, such as “Be My Valentine” by Joan Holub, can also be helpful to reinforce the concept.
Finally, you can plan a special Valentine’s Day activity like decorating cards, making a special treat, or having Valentine’s Day party to help your preschooler better understand the holiday.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Memorable For Preschoolers
One great way to make Valentine’s Day memorable for preschoolers is to plan an interactive activity.
It includes making Valentine’s Day cards for family members, baking cookies and decorating them with Valentine’s Day-themed shapes or colors, or creating fun crafts.
Younger children often enjoy dressing up for the occasion, so having them choose their favorite Valentine’s Day outfit can be a great way to get them in the spirit.
It’s also important to make sure that everyone gets to participate in the activities, regardless of age or ability level.
On the other hand, for preschoolers just beginning to learn about the holiday, it’s important to explain the meaning of Valentine’s Day in an age-appropriate way.
You can do this through stories, songs, and activities focusing on love, friendship, and kindness.
To make the day even more memorable, you can set up a photo booth or play music for the children to dance to.
Check out the sweetest Valentine’s Day quotes for your girl here.
What lessons can kids take away from Valentine’s Day?
Kids can practice giving and showing kindness to those around them. It is a reminder that love is not limited to romantic relationships but can also be shared with family, friends, and even strangers.
How do you teach preschoolers to love?
One way to teach preschoolers to love is to focus on creating a safe, nurturing environment where children can express themselves openly and be accepted.
Additionally, modeling kindness and practicing empathy-building activities  can help instill a sense of love in young children.
Check out these fun Valentine’s Day activities for the whole family here.
It is important to remember that preschoolers may not know much about Valentine’s Day, so the questions asked should be framed to allow them to explore their understanding and feelings about the holiday.
Moreover, open-ended questions and encouraging them to express themselves will help to foster a sense of understanding and appreciation for the holiday.
- How to Celebrate a 50th Birthday Without a Party: Unique Ideas - November 27, 2023
- How Much Is a Party Bus for 5 Hours? Pricing & Planning Guide - November 27, 2023
- How Long Does It Take to Get Your Gift Card from Fetch Rewards? - November 24, 2023