Last Updated on February 22, 2024 by Kimberlee Johnson
Have you ever desired to make someone say something amusing without their awareness? Then you’re in luck.
Our team will show you how to trick someone into saying something funny.
From using clever wordplay to setting up an elaborate prank, we’ll show you how you can laugh with your friends, family, and even strangers.
So, get ready to have fun and learn how to trick someone into saying something hilarious.
6 Hilarious Ways To Make Someone Say Something Funny
1. Play A Word Association
The word association game works by having one person say a word, and then the other person has to say the first thing that comes to mind when they hear that word.
The goal is to try and get the other person to say something funny by combining the spoken words.
For example, if one person says ‘dog,’ the other person might say ‘bone,’ which could lead to a funny response such as ‘woof, there it is.’
This game can be entertaining and a great way to get someone to say something funny.
2. Use A Pun
A pun is a wordplay that uses a play on words to create a humorous effect . Puns can make a joke, create a funny situation, or make a situation more amusing.
For example, a pun can be used when someone says, “I’m so hungry, I could eat a horse!” You could respond with, “Why not start with the stable?”
“I’d rather not have a moment when I’m known for my looks; being funny and interesting lasts longer.”– Kelly Ripa, American Actress
Using a pun like this can make the situation more lighthearted and can often lead to laughter.
3. Act Out A Skit
One way to get someone to say something funny is by acting out a skit . It can be a hilarious moment for everyone involved.
A skit is a short, comedic performance, usually performed by two or more people. It can parody a situation, act out a joke, or mock someone comedically.
4. Ask Them A Silly Question
Asking someone a silly question is a trick that is relatively easy to pull off and can generate some big laughs.
It works by asking someone an absurd question they can’t help but laugh at.
For example, you could ask someone, “Do chickens have teeth?” or “Do cats have fish allergies?”
The key is finding something so ridiculous that it’s funny.
It’s also essential to keep a straight face when asking the question so that the other person doesn’t realize the joke until after they answer.
5. Tell A Knock-Knock Joke
Telling knock-knock jokes is a great way to break the ice and bring some lighthearted fun into a conversation.
To start a knock-knock joke, you say “knock-knock,” and the other person responds with “who’s there?”. You then offer a funny word or phrase, such as “Boo” or “Cows go.”
The other person follows up with, “Boo who?” or “Cows go who?”. You then respond with the punchline of the joke, usually something that rhymes with the funny word or phrase.
A good knock-knock joke is sure to get someone laughing and can be a great way to get a conversation going.
Check out some of the funny questions you can ask in the “He Said She Said” baby shower game here.
6. Do An Impersonation
One of the ways to get a person to say something hilarious is to do an impersonation.
It is because it takes the person’s attention away from the conversation and onto the impersonation itself.
People tend to respond to impersonations with curiosity and laughter, which makes it easy to lead them into saying something funny.
For example, suppose you were to make an impression on a well-known celebrity.
In that case, the person you are talking to may be so caught up in the belief that they forget what the conversation was originally about and instead focus on the impression.
15 Funny Jokes That Will Make Your Friends Say Them Out Loud
1. What business did the chicken have attending the seance? To get to the other side.
2. What did the fish say when he hit the wall? Dam!
3. Why was the scarecrow awarded the Nobel Prize? Because he was outstanding in his field.
4. What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear.
5. What did the pirate say when he turned 80? Aye matey!
6. What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt!
7. Why don’t scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
8. What did the judge say when the skunk walked into the courtroom? Odor in the court!
9. What did the computer do at lunchtime? I had a byte!
10. Why did the melon propose to the banana? Because he couldn’t peel his eyes off her.
11. What did one ocean say to the other ocean? Nothing, they just waved.
12. How do you make an octopus laugh? With ten-tickles.
13. What did the tree say to autumn? Leaf me alone.
14. What did the grape do when it got stepped on? It let out a little wine.
15. What did the paper say to the pencil? “You complete me.”
What are some funny prank-call ideas to do for your friends?
Pretend to be a customer service representative for a company your friend has recently interacted with, and ask them ridiculous questions.
Or you can act as a doctor and tell your friend they have a dangerous disease and then offer them a questionable cure.
How to make a harmless prank someone over a text?
Send them a fake meme that looks like it’s from an old movie or TV show, and add a humorous caption.
Pretend you have an important update about something they are interested in, then give them a silly surprise at the end.
There are many creative ways to trick someone into saying something funny.
Whether by asking a silly question or telling a funny joke, you’re sure to get a laugh or two out of your unsuspecting victim.
Remember to be creative and use your imagination to create the perfect prank. You may even end up making a new best friend in the process.
- 15 Toys That Start With The Letter A: Amazing Selections - February 27, 2024
- Does QuikTrip Have Gift Cards? Answered (2024) - February 25, 2024
- 15 Inspirational Quinceañera Quotes in Spanish: Heartfelt Sayings - February 25, 2024