Last Updated on September 25, 2022 by Kimberlee Johnson
Social media platforms allow users to send a gift message on Instagram easily as a direct message.
It allows its user to avail of the “send message” feature of the app to their friends. However, not all Instagram users are familiar with its chat features, especially in Instagram chats.
Let’s look further at how to send Instagram gift messages.
Easy Steps To Follow When Sending an Instagram Gift Message
- Sending a gift box or gift greetings is made easy through direct messages. Instagram messages can contain a simple greeting such as a happy birthday gift salutation or an emoji like a fire emoji to cheer someone up.Is it just a “simply tap” button, or is it a complex gift message feature of an Instagram message?First, open your Instagram app on your device with a secure internet connection (Make sure that your app is working properly by having the latest version from the Play Store for Android users and Apple Store for iPhone users).
- On the home screen page, swipe to the left side of the app to access the chat message box.
- To send a gift message, on the search icon box, select the name of the person you would like to send either a gift message, gift box, or a gift box message to and hit enter.
- Once selected, type in your private message content but do not send it yet as you will need to prepare your Instagram gift message.
- While still inside the message box, look for the search icon box on the left side of the box.
- Choose “template,” and after doing so, you will now have access to the gift box message feature of Instagram chat.
- After choosing a template, you may now type in a text message with a gift feature that you can send to your selected friends on Instagram.
What’s a Gift Message on Instagram?
Sending gift messages on Instagram is one of the new features of the social media platform. Instagram allows users to send a gift digitally as part of their new chat features.
Before its implementation, a message on Instagram was mostly simple and restricted to Instagram reels. It lacked a gift message option, making it a messaging feature that requires the userbase to edit and send a 15-second clip in their Instagram chat as a message.
However, the “send gift messages” option on Instagram wasn’t viable until it was introduced as a new feature a few updates later .
- How To Send Gifts Anonymously
- How Much To Give For Bar Mitzvahs
- How To Tip With A Gift Card
- How To Get Into Disney Without Breaking The Bank
- How To Send Anonymous Gifts On Amazon
How Does an Instagram Gift Look?
A gift message in an Instagram chat will be shown as a gift box icon in a message, usually a colored pink gift icon with a white ribbon cross pattern. Users can access a gift message on Instagram by the chat window.
Note that the gift icon will vary in size and length depending on the gift message inside it (a small and short icon for a short gift message and a long and wider one for a long gift message).
That’s how an Instagram gift message looks for both the sender and the receiver.
How Do I Know if It Is Delivered?
You will receive a notification from the app that you have received an Instagram gift message. Clicking on the notification will bring you to the chat window of the sender who sent the gift box.
The content(s) of an Instagram gift message will only be shown once the recipient opens it. That is the feature of a gift message on Instagram being sent to keep the gift box effect.
Any gift box special effect will only activate once the recipient on their end has opened it.
Can you use the “Send Gift Message” feature for someone you don’t follow?
The answer is yes, as you can choose the “send gift message” option to people you don’t follow on their profile page or shared posts.
The “send Instagram gift message feature” will be available if you aren’t blocked by the recipient or have been blocked by Instagram.
How do I receive gift messages on Instagram?
Ensure that the Gift Cards feature on your account is activated to receive one. Without it, you cannot receive one even if the sender isn’t blocked (by you or the system).
To make that feature active, access your profile and click “Edit Profile.” Look for the “Public Business Information” option, then select “Action Buttons.” After doing so, under “Select a Button,” select “Gift Cards” to activate it.
To summarize, you can send a special greeting to someone in the social media platform’s private chat feature. The simple steps above will help you in how to send a gift message on Instagram minus the need for deep technical knowledge and understanding.
Show your love and care to someone today in just a few simple steps on your phone, laptop, and/or desktop.
- https://techstory.in/how-to-send-a-gift-message-on-instagram/ (DA is 65; unable to find other sites with higher DA)
- Getting Married On Your Birthday: Is It A Horrible Idea? - December 5, 2022
- 10 Best Thank You Gifts For A Contractor (2022 Updated) - December 5, 2022
- How To Avoid Greyhound Gift Ticket Fee: Explained (2022) - December 4, 2022