Last Updated on August 3, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
As a savvy gift card user, I’ve mastered managing my Target account like a pro.
And today, I’ll be sharing my first-hand experience and walking you through the process of removing a gift card from your Target account.
So, if you want to declutter your digital wallet or switch things up, I’ll show you how to remove gift card from a Target account. Keep reading.
6 Steps To Remove A Gift Card From Your Target Account
1. Go To The Target Website & Sign In
Navigate to Target’s official website using your preferred web browser . Click on the “Sign In” link, typically in the webpage’s upper right corner.
2. Go To Your Account & Access Your Wallet
Once signed in, click the account icon (usually a small image or silhouette in the upper right corner). From the dropdown menu, select “Wallet” to access your Target Wallet.
3. View Your Gift Cards
In your Wallet, you will find a section for Gift Cards. Click on “View All” or “Manage Gift Cards” to see the list of gift cards associated with your account.
4. Remove The Desired Gift Card
Locate the gift card you want to remove from your account. Click on the “Remove” or “Delete” button (usually represented by a trash can icon) next to the gift card.
5. Confirm Removal
When you click the button, a confirmation window will appear to ensure that you intend to remove the gift card. Click “Yes” or “Confirm” to proceed with the removal.
6. Check For Completion
The gift card should now be removed from your account. You should refresh the page to see the updated list of gift cards in your Wallet.
Also Read: Steps To Transfer Amazon Gift Card To PayPal
How To Transfer Your Target Gift Card To A Different Account?
If you want to transfer a Target gift card to another account, log in to your Target account and go to the “Gift Cards” page.
“The key to removing a gift card from your Target account lies in the simplicity of its detachment; just like untangling a knot, with a gentle yet firm pull, it will come undone.”–Howkapow Gift Site
Once there, you can choose the gift card you want to transfer and click the “Regift” button.
Then, enter the recipient’s email address and the amount to be transferred from the gift card before hitting the “Send Gift” button.
When the recipient receives the email with the instructions to claim the transferred funds, they can add them to their Target gift card. But where to sell your Target gift card for cash?
Can Target Deactivate Gift Cards?
Target may deactivate certain gift cards under certain circumstances.
For instance, if a gift card has been reported lost or stolen, Target can deactivate the card to prevent any unauthorized use.
“The greatest gift in life is to be remembered.”– Ken Venturi, American Professional Golfer
Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take whatever the day brings forth as a gift. Horace
They may also deactivate any cards not used for an extended period or if the card has a zero balance.
If your gift card has been deactivated in error, contact Target’s customer service for help. Know how to activate your gift cards without a cashier here.
Can You Combine Gift Cards On One Target Account?
Yes, you can combine multiple Target gift cards into one account.
Doing this makes it easier to manage and track the balance of all cards, and when making a purchase, the available balance from all cards is automatically applied.
You don’t have to use multiple cards for a single transaction. Plus, it helps customers keep track of their total balance in one place, so there won’t be any leftovers.
How To Combine Target Gift Cards Online?
- Sign in to your account: Find the “Sign In” button, which should be at the top right corner of the Target page, and click it. After providing your email address and password, click the “Sign In” button to access your account.
- Access your Wallet: After signing in, click on your account icon (typically a small image or silhouette in the upper right corner). From the dropdown menu, select “Wallet” to access your Target Wallet.
- Add a gift card: In your Wallet, find the section for Gift Cards. Click the “Add a Gift Card” or “Add Another Gift Card” button.
- Enter gift card details: Input the card number and access code or PIN. Click “Add” or “Submit” to add the gift card to your account.
- Repeat the process: To add more gift cards, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each gift card you want to combine.
Check out these easy steps to redeem your Target Playstation gift card here.
Can a Visa gift card be added to my Target wallet?
Yes, a Visa gift card can be added to your Target wallet. All you need to do is link the Visa gift card to your Target account to use it at checkout.
Can my Target gift card be used at Starbucks?
You can use the Target gift card to buy beverages in Starbucks , provided it is within the Target store. But where is the access number of your Target gift card?
Can I transfer a Target gift card balance?
Transferring a Target gift card balance directly to another gift card is impossible. But you can consolidate multiple gift cards onto one account by adding them to your Target Wallet.
Removing gift cards from your Target account is a straightforward process.
With a few taps, you can easily remove the card from your account to ensure you are not charged for unwanted purchases.
As always, keeping your account secure is important, ensuring you are aware of any changes made.
- How to Celebrate a 50th Birthday Without a Party: Unique Ideas - November 27, 2023
- How Much Is a Party Bus for 5 Hours? Pricing & Planning Guide - November 27, 2023
- How Long Does It Take to Get Your Gift Card from Fetch Rewards? - November 24, 2023