Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
Are you looking for a simple and creative way to relieve stress? Making a stress ball without a balloon is a great way to do just that.
You can create a stress ball perfect for your needs with a few common items around the house.
So, we’ll walk you through how to make a stress ball without a balloon. Read on to find out how.
7 Quick Steps In Making A Stress Ball Without Balloon
1. Put cornstarch  and water, then pour it into a mixing bowl. Mix it until it becomes a paste.
2. If you want to add some color to your stress ball, add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
3. Fill one of the small ziplock bags with the cornstarch mixture, leaving a bit of space at the top.
4. Take the second small ziplock bag and place the first bag inside, making sure to press out any air between the two bags.
5. Next, wrap the rubber band or hair tie around the top of the bag where the two Ziploc bags meet. Ensure the rubber band is tight so the contents don’t leak.
6. You should now have a round, squishy ball. If you want to adjust the shape or texture, gently manipulate the bag with your hands until you get the desired shape and texture.
7. Your stress ball is now ready to use. You can squeeze, roll, or toss it to relieve stress and tension.
Things You Need:
- 2 small ziplock bags
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Check out these basic steps in making a mosaic balloon number here.
What Are The Benefits Of A Stress Ball?
A stress ball is a versatile tool to reduce stress and tension in the body. It has been demonstrated to be an efficient method for reducing stress, anxiety, and even physical pain in some people.
They are typically made from a soft foam material that can be easily squeezed and manipulated in hand.
It allows a person to focus on squeezing and releasing the ball while taking deep breaths and calming down.
But not only can the physical act of squeezing and releasing the ball help to reduce stress levels, but it can also provide a distraction from the stressful situation.
This helps break up the cycle of negative thoughts and refocus the individual on a more positive and calming activity.
Besides, using a stress ball can also help to increase blood circulation to the hands and fingers, providing a soothing feeling.
Should The Stress Balls Be Soft Or Hard?
It depends on personal preference. But if a stress ball loses shape or gets too soft, it no longer serves its intended purpose.
So, some people prefer soft stress balls because they are more comfortable to squeeze and can be used in various methods.
On the other hand, hard stress balls are better for more intense stress relief, as they require more force to squeeze and can provide a more intense level of relief.
“Imagination is to love what gas is to the balloon — that which raises it from the earth.”– Letitia Elizabeth Landon, English Poet
Ultimately, the decision of whether to choose soft or hard stress balls primarily comes down to personal preference.
Soft stress balls may be the way to go if you need a simple and quick way to relieve stress.
However, a hard stress ball might be the way to go if you need more intense relief. So what are ways to make the confetti stick to the balloon?
How Long Do Handmade Stress Balls Last?
Handmade stress balls can last a long time when they are properly taken care of. But typically, it lasts for a few weeks to a few months.
It is essential to ensure they are not over-squeezed or overfilled, as this can cause the stress ball to burst or become misshapen.
Keep the stress ball out of direct sunlight, which can cause the material to dry and crack.
Related Post: 4 Simple Steps In Making A Balloon Turkey
What to use as a substitute for a stress ball?
Squeezing a soft rubber ball or a foam hand grip can be a great substitute for a stress ball.
Rolling a tennis ball or gently stretching a resistance band are great alternatives for relieving stress.
How often should a stress ball be squeezed?
A stress ball should be squeezed ten times throughout the day or whenever stress levels rise.
Or it can be squeezed as often as needed to help reduce muscle tension and stress levels.
Are stress balls helpful in improving finger strength?
Yes, stress balls can help improve finger strength. They can help strengthen the muscles in the hands and fingers and help to improve agility and coordination.
Do stress balls alleviate anger?
No, stress balls do not directly alleviate anger, but they can provide a distraction and help reduce the tension related to anger.
Let’s Sum It Up
Making your stress ball is a fun and easy way to reduce tension and stress.
Even those with limited resources or crafting skills can make a stress ball at home with a few simple supplies.
This DIY project is a great activity for children and a great tool to help them stay calm and focused.
With some practice, you can create a stress ball that fits your needs and can relieve stress  and anxiety.
- What To Pack For A Bachelorette Party: 13 Items (2023) - March 31, 2023
- How To Keep Ice Cream Cold At A Party: Full Guide (2023) - March 31, 2023
- How To Use Fashion Nova E-Gift Card Online: Solved (2023) - March 31, 2023