Last Updated on May 5, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
Are you ready to add some extra pizzazz to your next get-together with the girls? What better way to express your inner diva than throwing a wig party?
Whether you like to make a statement or have fun with your friends, a wig party is the perfect way.
Today, we will show you how to host a wig party. So, grab your friends, get ready to let your hair down, and have a blast.
10 Great Tips To Throw A Wig Party
1. Choose A Theme
Select a fun and creative theme for your wig party, such as decades, favorite characters, celebrities, or colors.
It will guide your guests on what type of wig to wear and inspire their creativity. Know how to host a birthday party for yourself here.
2. Send Out Invitations
Create personalized invitations with the party theme, date, time, location, and specific dress code or wig requirements.
“To save your own hair, wigs are literally the way forward.”– Rita Ora, British Singer-Songwriter
Send these out well in advance to give your guests time to prepare. But how do you throw a gingerbread house decorating party?
3. Provide Wig Resources
Share a list of wig shops or online retailers where guests can purchase or rent wigs. You can also suggest some DIY wig ideas or tutorials for those who prefer to create their own.
4. Decorate The Venue
Incorporate your theme into the party decorations using wig-inspired centerpieces, banners, or photo backdrops. You can also use colorful lighting to enhance the atmosphere.
5. Set Up A Wig Styling Station
Create a designated area where guests can style and adjust their wigs, complete with mirrors, combs , brushes, hairpins, and other styling tools.
6. Offer A Wig Care Station
Set up a small area with wig care essentials like wig stands, detangling spray, and lint rollers so guests can maintain their wigs throughout the party.
7. Create A Wig-friendly Menu
Serve finger foods and easy-to-eat snacks to prevent any wig mishaps. Avoid messy or sticky dishes that could damage the wigs.
8. Plan Wig-related Games & Activities
Organize games and activities that involve wigs, such as a wig swap, wig styling contest, or a wig-themed scavenger hunt. It helps break the ice and create a fun atmosphere.
9. Plan A Wig Fashion Show Or Contest
Encourage guests to show off their wigs by participating in a fashion show or contest. Offer prizes for categories like “Most Creative,” “Best Theme Interpretation,” or “Funniest Wig.”
10. Capture The Moment
Hire a professional photographer or set up a DIY photo booth with fun props and backdrops, allowing guests to take memorable pictures with their wigs .
Tips & Tricks To Avoid Making A Wig Look Weird
- Choose the correct wig size: Ensure the wig fits your head properly, as an ill-fitting wig can look unnatural. Measure your head circumference and consult the wig size chart before purchasing.
- Select a suitable color: Choose a wig color that compliments your skin tone and matches your natural hair color unless you’re going for a bold or dramatic look.
- Opt for a natural hairline: Look for wigs with a lace front, providing a more natural-looking hairline. Customize the hairline by trimming the lace and plucking some hairs to make it more realistic.
- Style the wig: Style it according to your preference before wearing it. Cut, curl, or straighten the hair to achieve your desired look.
- Use wig adhesive or tape: Secure the wig properly to your head using wig adhesive or double-sided wig tape to ensure it doesn’t move or slip out of place.
- Apply concealer on the part: To make the wig look more real, blend the parting line with your scalp with a little concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Blend your natural hair: If any hair is exposed around the hairline or at the nape of your neck, blend it with the wig hair to create a seamless transition.
- Proper maintenance: Regularly wash, condition, and detangle your wig according to the manufacturer’s instructions to keep it looking fresh and natural.
- Adjust the wig throughout the day: Periodically check it and make any necessary adjustments to ensure it remains in place and maintains a natural appearance.
Related Post: Tips To Make Party City Wigs Look Amazing
Is wearing a wig embarrassing?
Putting on a wig is a personal choice, and there’s nothing wrong with it.
Some people may feel embarrassed or self-conscious when wearing a wig, but it can be a great way to express oneself and experiment with different looks.
What are the drawbacks of wearing a wig?
Wearing a wig can be hot and uncomfortable, and the scalp can become itchy if the wig is improperly maintained.
Wigs can also be expensive and require frequent maintenance, such as regular cleaning and styling, to keep them looking their best.
How often should you wash a wig?
It is recommended to wash a wig every two to three weeks. To extend the life of your wig, it is best to use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and wash it in cool water.
There you have it. If you’re ready to make some serious wig magic happen, follow these tips, and you’ll surely host an unforgettable wig party.
With the right atmosphere, activities, and wigs, you and your guests will be wigging out all night.
- What Does A Red Wedding Dress Mean? Answered (2023) - May 31, 2023
- What To Wear To A Wedding Brunch: 8 Outfit Ideas (2023) - May 30, 2023
- How To Accessorize A Black Dress For A Wedding: 2023 Guide - May 30, 2023