Last Updated on February 23, 2024 by Kimberlee Johnson
Preparing for graduation day is a significant undertaking that requires careful planning and attention to detail. One of the most important aspects to consider is the graduation gown.
You want it to look perfect on the big day, but sometimes, wrinkles can ruin the look. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
Today, we’ll show you how to get wrinkles out of your graduation gown quickly and easily. Follow our simple hacks, and you’ll have a wrinkle-free gown. Let’s get started.
4 Hacks To Remove Wrinkles Of Your Graduation Gown
1. Use A Steamer
- Fill the steamer  with distilled water, then heat it.
- Hold the steamer safely from the gown (usually about 6 inches) and move it downward across the fabric.
- Repeat the process until all wrinkles are removed.
2. Iron The Gown
- Prepare an ironing board and iron with the temperature set according to the gown’s care label.
- Turn the gown inside out to protect the outer fabric.
- Place a clean, damp cloth between the iron and the gown to prevent scorching or damage.
- Gently iron the gown in sections, using a low heat setting and a slow, steady motion.
3. Try To Use Vinegar
- Put a cup of water and two teaspoons of white vinegar  into a spray bottle. This diluted solution is gentle on fabrics and helps to relax the fibers.
- You can fill the spray bottle with 5-10 drops of essential oils and one tablespoon of the conditioner of your choice to eliminate the strong smell of vinegar.
- Ensure the solution doesn’t damage or discolor the gown by trying it out on a small, hidden area before applying it throughout.
- Hang your graduation gown on a sturdy hanger in a well-ventilated area. Make sure the gown is fully spread out and not bunched up.
- Lightly mist the vinegar solution onto the wrinkled areas of the gown.
- Use your hands to gently stretch and smooth the fabric, working the wrinkles out.
- Before wearing or storing the gown, give it ample time to dry thoroughly in a well-ventilated environment, out of direct sunlight.
4. Hang The Gown Immediately
When you receive the gown, hang it up in a well-ventilated area to let gravity do its job. Hanging it for a few days before the ceremony can help reduce wrinkles and creases.
How Long Will It Take To Steam The Graduation Gown?
Generally, steaming a gown will take 15-20 minutes. If the gown is large or has a lot of wrinkles, it may take up to 30 minutes or longer.
“Smooth out the wrinkles in your graduation gown, just as you will smooth out the wrinkles in your life’s journey – with patience, persistence, and a steady hand.”– Howkapow Gift Site
But the time it takes to steam a gown can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the gown, the fabric, and the degree of wrinkles.
Nevertheless, the best approach is to start steaming early, giving yourself enough time to ensure the gown is without wrinkles.
Can You Use A Dryer To Remove Creases From Your Graduation Gown?
Yes, you can use a dryer to remove all the wrinkles of your graduation gown, provided that it should be done correctly, as sometimes dryers can cause damage or discoloration to the gown’s fabric.
“We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.”– Lauren Hutton, American Model
So, to ensure your gown’s material is safe for tumble drying, start by turning the gown inside out to preserve the material and put it into the dryer with two clean, damp towels.
The wetness from the towels will create steam, helping to smooth out the wrinkles as the dryer gently tumbles.
Dry the gown on the lowest heat setting possible and check on it every ten minutes to ensure it isn’t damaged.
Also Read: Why Students Wear Leis At Graduation?
Does placing clothes in a dryer remove wrinkles?
Yes, placing clothes in a dryer can help to remove wrinkles due to the heat and the tumbling action.
Besides, ensure the clothes are not left in the dryer for a long time, as it will cause the wrinkles to become worse.
How long will it take for the dryer to smooth out wrinkled clothes?
A standard-sized load of clothes typically takes 5-15 minutes to become wrinkle-free in a dryer. But what do you wear to a police academy graduation?
Does ice help get rid of creases in clothes?
Ice can help reduce creases in clothes when used with heat, such as placing ice cubes in a dryer or using them to create steam while ironing.
Combining ice and heat moisture helps relax the fabric fibers, making it easier to smooth out wrinkles and creases.
Find out the reason why people wear white at graduation here.
Getting wrinkles out of your graduation gown is a straightforward process.
Many options are available, whether you use a steamer or an iron or hang your gown overnight. Plus, the key is to start early and give yourself plenty of time to eliminate wrinkles.
Remember, your graduation day is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and you want to look your best. So, take the time to ensure your gown is wrinkle-free and ready to wear.
- 15 Toys That Start With The Letter A: Amazing Selections - February 27, 2024
- Does QuikTrip Have Gift Cards? Answered (2024) - February 25, 2024
- 15 Inspirational Quinceañera Quotes in Spanish: Heartfelt Sayings - February 25, 2024