Last Updated on July 24, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
Like me, I bet you have a handful of gift cards stashed away somewhere.
But as a pet lover who often shops at PetCo, I know how important it is to keep tabs on your gift card balance.
One of life’s greatest frustrations is using a gift card and finding out the balance is zero.
Fortunately, checking your PetCo gift card balance is an easy process that will take up little time. With that, I’ll show you how to check a PetCo gift card balance in just a few easy steps.
3 Simple Ways To Check PetCo Gift Card Balance
1. Check The Balance Through Online
- Go to the PetCo website, scroll to the bottom of the page, and find the ‘Gift Cards’ link under the Shop With Us section.
- Click the ‘Gift Cards’ link to redirect you to the gift card page.
- Then, tap on the ‘Check Gift Card Balance’ button.
- Type in your gift card number, PIN, or security code on your card’s back. If your card doesn’t have a PIN, you may need to remove the silver coating to reveal it.
- Click ‘Check Balance’ to view your current gift card balance.
2. Visit The PetCo Store
- Visit your local PetCo store  and bring your gift card with you.
- Ask a cashier or a customer service representative to check your gift card balance.
- They will swipe your card and inform you of the available balance.
3. Call Their Customer Service
- You can dial the hotline number provided and follow the voice instructions to determine how much money is left on your PetCo gift card.
- Provide the gift card number and the PIN or security code when prompted.
- The automated system will then inform you of your current gift card balance.
How To Redeem It?
A. Redeem Your Gift Card In PetCo Store
- Choose the pet items you want and go to the cash register.
- Present your PetCo gift card to the cashier.
- Then, your purchases will be deducted from your gift card’s balance after the cashier scans it.
“One day, we would like an end to pet shops and the breeding of animals.”Ingrid Newkirk, President of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- If your gift card’s balance is insufficient to cover the purchase cost, you must provide an additional payment mode to cover the difference.
- Keep the receipt as a record of the transaction and the remaining balance on your gift card.
B. Steps To Redeem The Gift Card Online
- Start by visiting the PetCo online store to look at available products and put them in your virtual shopping basket.
- Proceed to the checkout page once you’ve finished shopping.
- During payment, locate the “Gift Card” or “Promo Code” option and enter your gift card number and the PIN or security code in the designated fields.
- Click “Apply” to apply the gift card balance to your order. Proceed to payment by providing billing and delivery details.
Where Can You Purchase PetCo Gift Cards
You can purchase one online from the official PetCo website for convenience.
“To avoid any ‘ruff’ situations at the checkout, always check your PetCo gift card balance before shopping. It’s a ‘pawsitively’ responsible way to stay on top of your pet care expenses.”Howkapow Gift Site
Here you can select the design and value of the card, and it will be sent to the recipient’s email address. Some grocery and convenience stores  may also carry PetCo gift cards.
If you prefer a physical card, you may visit a PetCo location or buy one online from a third-party vendor like Amazon or GiftCards.
Check out these steps to check your Victoria’s Secret gift card balance here.
Do Petco Gift Cards Ever Expire?
PetCo gift cards do not have an expiration date, as per the company’s policy.
It indicates that the card’s value will be preserved, and you can use it at any time in the future, provided that there is still a balance remaining on the card.
It’s worth noting, too, that the length of time a gift card can be used is limited by law in several states.
Can PetCo gift cards be used at PetSmart?
PetCo gift cards cannot be used at PetSmart, as they are two separate and competing companies. But how to check your Michael’s gift card balance online?
How do the PetCo Rewards dollars work?
With Petco Rewards Dollars, members can earn points on certain purchases that can be exchanged for discounts on future transactions.
For every $1 spent, members earn 1 point, and once they accumulate 167 points, they receive a $5 reward to use on products or services at Petco stores and online.
What states require gift cards to be refunded?
In certain states, like California and Vermont, consumers can request a cash refund for gift cards with low remaining balances, typically under $10 or $5.
This is it – a straightforward and easy-to-understand instruction that will guide you in checking the balance on your PetCo gift card.
Following the abovementioned methods can avoid awkward situations at the register and keep your finances in order.
As a pet owner, I understand how critical it is to provide a clean, safe environment for your pets. And their selection of pet items has everything you need to keep your pets in good shape.
So the next time you’re shopping at PetCo, take a few minutes to check your gift card balance and make sure you have enough funds to cover your purchase.
- How to Celebrate a 50th Birthday Without a Party: Unique Ideas - November 27, 2023
- How Much Is a Party Bus for 5 Hours? Pricing & Planning Guide - November 27, 2023
- How Long Does It Take to Get Your Gift Card from Fetch Rewards? - November 24, 2023