Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by Kimberlee Johnson
Once again, it is time to dress in your finest green outfit in honor of St. Patrick’s Day and the blessings bestowed upon us by the gods of Irish luck.
The annual St. Patrick’s Day festivities are coming up, and what better way to get in the spirit than with some fun and easy trivia questions?
As such, we’ll look at some easy St. Patrick’s Day trivia questions and their answers.
So grab a pint of your favorite green beer and get ready to test your knowledge of all things about St. Patty’s day.
33 Basic St. Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions With Answers
1. What is the color associated with St. Patrick’s Day?
2. Who is the patron saint of Ireland?
Answer: St. Patrick
3. What is the meaning of the shamrock ?
Answer: Symbol of the Holy Trinity
4. What is St. Patrick’s real name?
Answer: Maewyn Succat
5. What is the traditional dish for St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: Corned beef and cabbage
6. What is the name of the famous Irish brewery founded in Dublin?
7. What is the name of the famous Irish dance performed on St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: The Irish Stepdance
8. What is the name of the Irish mythology figure who was the patron of travelers?
9. What is the name of the famous shrine in County Down, Northern Ireland, where Saint Patrick is said to be buried?
Answer: Down Cathedral.
10. What is St. Patrick known for driving out of Ireland?
11. What is the name of the Irish holiday celebrated on the day before St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: St. Urho
12. When was St. Patrick’s Day first recognized as a holiday in Ireland?
Answer: It was recognized as a holiday in 1903.
13. What is the name of the traditional Irish song sung on St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: “Danny Boy”
14. Who wrote “The Wearing of the Green”?
Answer: Dion Boucicault
15. What city is the world’s largest St. Patrick’s Day parade held?
Answer: New York City
16. Where was St. Patrick born?
Answer: Roman Britain
17. Dublin, Ireland, celebrates a massive event in honor of St. Patrick’s Day that lasts for how many days?
Answer: 4 days
18. Contrary to popular belief, the first St. Patrick’s Day parade did not occur in Ireland in 1762. In which country did it take place?
Answer: United States, New York City
“St. Patrick—one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish.”– Charles M. Madigan, American Journalist
19. Where did the first parade celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day takes place in Ireland in 1903?
Answer: Waterford, Ireland
20. What is the name of the enormous, well-known Ferris wheel in England  decorated in green for St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: The London Eye
21. What is the famous Irish blessing often recited on St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: “May the road rise to meet you.”
22. What are the four provinces of Ireland?
Answer: Ulster, Leinster, Munster, and Connacht.
23. What is the name of the traditional Irish soup served on St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: Irish Stew
24. St. Patrick is said to have driven the snakes out of Ireland, but is this true?
Answer: No, it is a myth
25. How old was St. Patrick when he died?
Answer: 120 Years old
26. What is the most popular beer style served on St. Patrick’s Day?
Answer: Stout, such as Guinness
27. What is the traditional Irish toast often shared on St. Patrick’s Day?
28. Since 1762, New York City has hosted one of the world’s largest St. Patrick’s Day parades. So, how many people participate in the march?
Answer: At least 250,000 marchers participate in the parade
29. At what age was Saint Patrick kidnapped and brought to the island of Northern Ireland before he became a priest?
Answer: 16 years old
30. Can you name the American city celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by coloring its river green since 1962?
31. What city in Japan has been organizing its own St. Patrick’s Day parade every year since 1992?
32. Guinness is the most commonly consumed alcoholic beverage in honor of the patron saint of Ireland. On average, how many pints are served during the memorable holiday?
Answer: Around 13 million pints
33. During which major Catholic holidays does the celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day occur?
Answer: Lent Season
Also Read: 8 Fun Ways To Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day At Work
What is an interesting fact about St. Patrick’s Day?
The traditional color associated with St. Patrick’s Day is blue, not green.
Find out why wearing orange on St. Patrick’s Day is not a good idea here.
What is Saint Patrick’s most famous quote?
The most well-known thing ever spoken by Saint Patrick is “Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.”
It is a prayer of protection and faith that is still used today.
But what are some A-words associated with St. Patrick’s Day?
The St. Patrick’s Day celebrations may be different this year, but you can still join in the fun by testing your knowledge of all things Irish with these easy St. Patrick’s Day trivia questions and answers.
So get ready to impress your friends with your knowledge of Irish culture and history. Sláinte!
- What To Wear To A College Party For Guys: 10 Outfits (2023) - March 24, 2023
- How To Throw A Hotel Party & Not Get Busted: Full Guide - March 24, 2023
- How To Make A Backdrop For A Party: Full Guide (2023 Updated) - March 24, 2023